Well I got tagged twice. HNNNNGH
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves in their journal.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create eleven new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 11 people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have tagged him/her.
6. No tag backs.
7. No stuff in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you are reading this." You legitimately have to tag 11 people.From han-pan :
1. If you weren't on the current life and career path that you are on right now, what would you be doing?
Errr... To be honest if I hadn't fallen headfirst into games journalism and kicking my ass back into fiction writing-gear, I would probably still be behind a desk in an office somewhere, possibly in a cubicle, in a job I hate. Completely miserable, just trying to make enough money to pay the bills. That would be alternate-timeline Alexa in a parallel universe somewhere who has let the weight of the world and growing up suck her dry. An Alexa who stopped cosplaying after 2010 never found gerodere
and all the wonderful people that came from that chance encounter. So if I wasn't here, I'd be somewhere boring and complacent. But I'm glad I'm here.
2. What is your favorite book?
The Lord of the Rings. STEP OFF.
3. Would you rather be constantly too hot or constantly too cold?
Too hot -- I don't deal well with cold at all and it's easier to shed layers than put them on.
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
Bad romance/angst fanfiction, particularly for Final Fantasy XIII and Yu Yu Hakusho. I love to laugh at that nonsense.
5. What got you into the whole convention scene? angrygingermidget
. Her senior year of college (my first year out), she asked me if I would go to Anime Boston with her, and on the floor of her tiny dorm room she helped me construct a Terra Branford costume.
6. If you received a million dollars tomorrow, what would you do with it?
First I would pay off the rest of my student loans. Then I would pay off my two younger siblings (well, one of them -- then put some away for the other). Because nothing hurts more than student loans. The rest would most likely be spent on cosplay supplies, not gonna lie.
7. Props or poses?
PROPS. Have you SEEN some of our stuff? Thanks to gerodere
8. Are you eco-friendly? Eco-crazy? Eco-not-care-y?
I attempt to be as eco-conscious as I can be with what little brain cells I can devote to it. I have so much going on sometimes I just throw bottles in the trash. T_T
9. What is one of your all-time favorite things to do?
I love sitting around and gabbing with my pals. angrygingermidget
and I share some of the best conversations when we're about to go to bed and suddenly someone turned on the bitching hose and it's just verbal wank for a few hours.
10. If you could change one thing about reality, what would it be?
Nobody would ever die in pain. No one would ever leave this world in agony -- just peace.
11. How to you explain conventions or cosplay to people who don't know about it?
"We spend months working on costumes then go to these conventions where people celebrate anime and video games and sometimes we buy stuff but mostly we take photos and eat bagels."From angrygingermidget :
1. If I were to ask 4 year old you what you'd like to be when you grow up, what would the answer be?
Four-year-old Alexa would tell you that I would be an astronaut and I would have a whole house full of cats and I would have written a billion children's books. Obviously four year old me didn't realize I would get sick of education somewhere around the beginning of college and somehow make an English B.A. work.
2. What is the most disturbing thing you've found on the internet?
I once found a DA account of a girl who took renders from Final Fantasy XI and photoshopped them being eaten by those big Ochu monsters. She made comics of it and everything. I guess it's a fetish...? I was thoroughly disturbed.
3. Who is your favorite comic book character and why?
Death, from Neil Gaiman's Sandman comics. She's freaking Death itself... and yet she's very peaceful about it.
4. What is your favorite tee shirt?
The Word to Your Moogle shirt I got at New York Comic Con. I somehow ended up with two -- one signed by the Art Director for Final Fantasy XIII-2 -- and they're the most comfortable things ever. They're also limited print -- only attendees who played and won the Moogle game at NYCC, SDCC or Pax Prime got one. Here's what it looks like: finalfantasyxiii2.files.wordpr…
5. If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would you have?
I would domestic a fox, because I freaking love them.
6. You're getting a tramp stamp. (Yes, you have no say. You're totally getting this tattoo.) What would it be of?
BOBBY CORWEN. Or a l'Cie brand. I'm that girl, yes.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
If I could feasibly pull it off? I'd go back to Kyoto and set up shop there. I've never felt so connected to a city and I weep every day that I haven't gone back. I really miss it.
8. What fictional character do you relate to the most?
Yuna from the Final Fantasy X universe. Yuna begins her journey doing everything everyone else wants because she wants to make them happy. From the beginning she doesn't live for herself -- the one thing she has chosen to do on her own is to become a summoner and sacrifice her life. So she spends what little of it she knows she has left doing what everyone else wants instead of following her own heart. She never admits she's scared or hurting until she hits breaking point -- much like me. But when everything she believes in is exposed by a lie, instead of breaking down is just steels her resolve to push forward and finish things her own way. Fuck bitches, I'M calling the shots now! Her transformation through X and into X-2 is something I identify with strongly -- I too had to learn the hard way that I can't live my life for others. I can be myself without being selfish -- you just need to meet the right people.
9. What is your favorite mode of transportation?
I like to walk.
10. If you could live in a decade other than your own, what decade would you live in?
I actually don't think I would take this offer. I quite like it here.
11. Cake or pie?
12. What are you most afraid of?
Losing someone I care about. QUESTIONS FOR YOU
1. What is your dream cosplay?
2. What foods will you not eat? Why?
3. A stranger punches you in the face while you are walking through a public area. How do you respond?
4. What kind of music do you work out to?
5. What one thing about yourself do you want to change?
6. What goal have you or are you struggling to achieve? What do you think is stopping you?
7. What TV shows/anime/books/movies do you enjoy that someone who knows you well would find out of character for you? (Ex. I'm a fantasy video game hardcore nerd and I'm in love with Dexter and Nip/Tuck.)
8. What fictional character do you envy?
9. What non-blood-related person are you grateful to/for? Why?
10. If you've been to college, why did you choose the major you did? If you didn't, why did you decide not to go? Do you want to?
11. What's the first thing you normally think of when you wake up in the morning?Ask and you shall receive....
1. What I learned when I took a look at your DA page.
2. With what color I remember you.
3. What is the first memory of you.
4. With which animal I remember you.
5. Something I'm going to ask you.
6. Which of your creations is my favorite.
7. My nickname for you.
8. The thing I like about your art/cosplay.